Chicago Sky Look to Avenge Loss to Las Vegas
The fans at Wintrust Arena will be treated to a game between the Las Vegas Aces and the Chicago Sky when they take their seats on Tuesday. The Aces will be looking for their 3rd win in a row. Both teams are looking to insert themselves back into the playoff picture.
Oddsmakers opened the Sky as -4-point favorites versus the Aces, while the game's total opened at 174.5. The Sky are now 3.5-point favorites and the total inched up to 175.
The squads will meet for the 2nd time in a week. The Aces beat the Sky 84-80 a few days ago.
Chicago Sky Are Looking to String Together Some W's
In their last action, Chicago was a 77-63 winner at home against the Minnesota Lynx. They covered the +8.5-point spread as underdogs, while the combined score (140) was profitable news for UNDER bettors.
Las Vegas (8-12) must make up ground in order to get itself into the playoff picture. The Aces are coming off back-to-back victories. They were hard-earned victories. The wins included an 84-80 win over the Sky and a 94-90 win over the Connecticut Sun.
The Sky have withstood a streaky season. It included a three-game winning streak, followed by a three-game losing streak. Then it was followed by an uplifting 77-63 win over the Minnesota Lynx on Saturday night. Can the Sky get any consistency?
Chicago is on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoff picture. They need to close the season on a high note to have a shot at the postseason. A tough test awaits as the Sky prepare to face top rookie A'ja Wilson and the Aces.
Las Vegas Looks to Get Back in Playoff Picture
Last time out for Las Vegas, they were a 94-90 winners as they battled the Connecticut Sun at home. The Aces covered in the match as a +4.5-point underdog, while 184 combined points moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
Wilson was this year's No. 1 overall pick out of South Carolina. She has averaged 21.0 points and 8.7 rebounds per game this season. She has also shut down the paint with 1.7 blocks per contest.
On Monday she was named as the WNBA's Western Conference player of the week. This was after averaging 29 points and nine rebounds in her last two contests.
Kayla McBride also has shined for the Aces this season. She scored 27 points in her team's win over the Sun.
Chicago Sky Betting Trends
- TrendOver is 9-3 in Sky last 12 games as a home underdog.Hit %75.00% (12)O/U9|3
- Over is 4-1 in Sky last 5 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.80.00% (5)4|10
- Over is 5-2 in Sky last 7 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.71.40% (7)5|20
- Over is 4-1 in Sky last 5 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5.80.00% (5)4|10
Las Vegas Aces Betting Trends
- TrendOver is 6-1 in Aces last 7 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U4|1
- Under is 10-3 in Aces last 13 games as a road underdog of 5.0-10.5.76.90% (13)3|100
- Under is 6-1 in Aces last 7 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.85.70% (7)1|60
- Over is 6-0 in Aces last 6 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.100.00% (6)6|00
- TrendOver is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Chicago.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1
- Over is 10-2 in the last 12 meetings.83.30% (12)10|20
- Aces are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 meetings.16.70% (6)01|5
Las Vegas at Minnesota Friday, July 13
Chicago at Washington Friday, July 13
Get a 100% Bonus up to $1,000 at the Worlds Oldest Online Sportsbook, Intertops!!!